The Lync Server 2013 Resource Kit tools have been released . Not a massive amount of change from the Lync Server 2010 version but it is worth pointing out snooper isn’t included now! There is a separate Persistent Chat Resource Kit tools also.
But let look at the tools included and a description of what they do
Address Book Service Configuration tool (ABSConfig) is an administrative tool that helps administrators customize Address Book Service configuration in Lync Server 2013. It also allows Lync Server 2013 administrators to restore the default Address Book Service settings.
Bandwidth Policy Service Monitor
The Bandwidth Policy Service Monitor tool is intended to allow administrators to view a list of the following:
- All the configured Lync Server 2013 Bandwidth Policy services (Authentication and Core) in the topology
- The connections that each service makes to other Bandwidth Policy services and to the Edge servers
- All the links that are configured in the Network configuration document and real-time bandwidth usage as reported by each of the Bandwidth Policy services
Bandwidth Utilization Analyzer
Bandwidth Utilization Analyzer is a tool that creates reports about various views of bandwidth consumption by the UC endpoints across WAN links in the enterprise network. These reports can be used to understand the current bandwidth consumption pattern and to aid in bandwidth capacity planning.
Call Parkometer is a command-line application that provides easy access to the Call Park orbit database.
The CleanupStorageServiceData resource kit tool allows for deleting of orphaned data from the database used by the Lync Server Storage Service (LYSS). One function of the storage service is to buffer communication between Lync Server and various back-end data storage endpoints, like SQL Server and Exchange.
DBAnalyze is a command-line tool that helps administrators to gather analysis reports about the Lync Server 2013 databases. DBAnalyze has the following modes: diagnostic, user data, conference, MCUs, and disk fragmentation:
- Diagnostic mode Creates a report that includes information about tables (number of records, fragmentation, data size, and index size), data and log file sizes, the last back-up time, contact distribution among servers that are running Microsoft Office Communications Server, the average number of permissions, contacts, containers, subscriptions, publications, endpoints per user, any improperly homed users, users that can’t be routed, the average number of conferences organized per user, scheduled conferences, active conferences, and the database version.
- User data mode Reports contact, container, subscription, publication, permission, and contact-group data for a specified user or for users who have that user in their contact and permission lists. This mode also reports summary data for conferences that a user organizes or is invited to.
- Conference mode Reports detailed data for a specific conference, including all schedule-time details for the conference, the invitee list, the list of media types allowed for the conference, active MCUs (multipoint control units), the active participant list, and each participant’s signaling state.
- Decode Meeting ID Decodes a public switched telephone network (PSTN) meeting ID that is specified by the /pstnid switch but does not connect to the back end for detailed information.
- Resolve conference Decodes a PSTN meeting ID that is specified by the /pstnid switch and displays information about the conference indicated by the ID.
- MCUs mode Reports the ID, media type, URL, heartbeat status, conference load, and participant load for each MCU in the pool.
- Disk fragmentation mode Displays the fragmentation status of all disks.
This tool can be used to diagnose various problems or to assist administrators with capacity planning. For example, if most of the users homed on server A choose users homed on server B as their contacts, the administrator can move the users on server A to server B to reduce cross-server traffic.
The ImportStorageServiceData resource kit tool allows for re-importing Queue and Endpoint data that was flushed out of the Storage Service (LYSS) back into the Storage Service.
The LCSSync tool helps to deploy Lync Server 2013 communications software in a multi-forest environment. This tool is used to synchronize users and groups from different user forests as an Active Directory Domain Services contact object to a central forest where Lync Server 2013 is installed.
The LookupUserConsole tool displays internal Lync Server routing information about specific users. This information may be useful to Microsoft support personal in diagnosing deployment and routing problems.
The MSTurnPing tool allows an administrator of Microsoft Lync Server 2013 communications software to check the status of the servers running the Audio/Video Edge and Audio/Video Authentication services as well as the servers that are running Bandwidth Policy Services in the topology.
Network Configuration Viewer
Network Configuration Viewer can be used by Microsoft Lync Server 2013 communications software administrators to view call admission control (CAC) network topology for an enterprise that is provisioned to allow real-time communication sessions, such as voice or video calls based on specified bandwidth capacity. Lync Server 2013 administrators define CAC policies, which are enforced by the Bandwidth Policy services that are installed with Lync Server 2013.
Response Group Agent Live
The Response Group application gives agents the ability to access useful real-time information using its built-in Web service. Unfortunately, no graphical view of this data is available outside the application. The Response Group Agent Live Resource Kit tool solves this issue by providing a simple and graphical way to access this information, enhanced with real-time Microsoft Lync 2013 communications software information such as the presence of other agents.
SEFAUtil (secondary extension feature activation) is a command-line tool that enables Microsoft Lync Server 2013 communications software administrators and helpdesk agents to configure delegate-ringing, call-forwarding, simultaneous ringing, team-call settings and group call pickup on behalf of a Lync Server 2013 user. The tool also allows administrators to query the call-routing settings that are published for a particular user.The SEFAUtil tool allows the administrator to enable/disable/modify call forwarding or simultaneously ringing on behalf of the user. The administrator can specify the target (in the form of a SIP URI) or use a target that has already been published by the user. This tool also allows administrators to add or remove delegates or team-call group members on behalf of the user.This tool is built on Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API (UCMA) 3.0 and requires that administrators create a trusted application in the Central Management store for SEFAUtil
SYSPrep.ps1 is a Windows PowerShell script that will install the following Lync Server 2013 prerequisites on your Windows Server 2008 operating system machine.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- Microsoft SQL Server Express
- Windows Powershell version 3.0
- Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- Internet Information Server Updates
- Windows Identity Foundation
- Lync Server 2013 Core files
While the script name is similar to the System Preparation Tool for the Microsoft Windows operating systems, they are different. This script will only install the required prerequisites for Lync Server 2013. Once those prerequisites are installed, the Windows SYSPrep tool can then be used to create an image of the server.
Unassigned Number Announcements Migration
The Unassigned Number Announcements Migration tool enables a Lync administrator to move the unassigned numbers configuration that is serviced by the announcement application from a source Lync Server or Pool to a destination Lync Server or Pool.
Web Conf Data
The Web Conf Data Tool allows an administrator of Lync Server 2013 communications software to have more control over the data associated with an organizer’s Web conferences. Scenarios include the ability to delete a specific user’s meeting data based on a time stamp criteria.